SDR# installation for Mono
1) If you already have installed SDR#for Wine you can jump to the step 11 if not, right-click on the desktop and select "Open in a terminal" in the menu.
2) Now we need to allow the use of DTT receivers and install the program that will make the bridge between hardware and SDR#. In the terminal window, type the following command and confirm with "Enter":
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/no-rtl.conf
3) Enter the root password when asked and confirm with "Enter".
4) In the editor window, add the following lines :
Then click on the "Save" button and close the window.
5) Next, type the command below and validate with "Enter" :
sudo gedit /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
6) In the next window, locate the line kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1 at the bottom of the screen.
7) Change the value 1 to 0 (zero) like this : kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0
8) Go to the "File" menu, click on "Save" then close the window.
9) Back to the terminal window, enter the following command line and validate with "Enter" :
sudo apt-get install -y rtl-sdr
10) Once the installation is over, close the window.
11) Go the the "Links" menu and download the last version of SDR# from the official website. Save the archive to the place of your choice. In this example it is the "SDR-SHARP" folder on the desktop.
12) Right-Click on the archive and select "Extract here" in the menu.
13) Once extracted, you get a folder named "sdrsharp-x86". Now you can delete the file "sdrsharp-x86.zip".
14) Once the file is deleted, got to the "Downloads" area.
15) Download the file "SDR-SHARP-MONO" and save it to the same place than the folder "sdrsharp-x86".
16) Right-Click on the archive and select "Extract here" in the menu.
17) After extraction, you get a folder named "SDR-SHARP-MONO". Now you can delete the file "SDR-SHARP-MONO.tar.gz".
18) Open the folder "SDR-SHARP-MONO".
19) The directory contains two libraries required to run SDR # and an "Icon" folder that contains the software icon to change the one assigned by default to the executable by the system.
20) Select all files with the mouse or with the key "CTRL" + "A".
21) Right-click on one icon and select "Cut" in the menu or use the keys "CTRL" + "X". Then go back to the folder "sdrsharp-x86".
22) Right-click inside the folder between the icons and select "Paste" in the menu or use the "CTRL" + "V" keys.
23) You should see the file that have been moved from the last folder to this place.
24) Use the vertical slide to scroll the window until you see the program "SDRSharp.exe" and right-click on it with the mouse. Then click on "Properties" in the menu.
25) In the window, click on the top-left icon.
26) With the file-selector, select the "SDRSharp" icon inside the "Icon" folder we just have moved inside the "sdrsharp-x86" folder then click on "Open".
27) Click on the "Close" button.
28) The program icon has been replaced by the original.
29) Now you can delete the installation folder "SDR-SHARP-MONO".
30) Setup is finished. Move the "sdrsharp-x86" folder to the place of your choice.
31) Click on the file "SDRSharp.exe" to launch the software.
51) Welcome to SDR# !